“Change your mind, your consciousness… and you change your circumstances.”Dr. Amos N. Wilson
Knowledge is power.
Frustrated with an educational system which did not serve my sons, I knew I had to save them. Four years ago, I walked away from a tenured career in public education which included earning a Master’s in Educational Administration from Rutgers University as well as both Principal and Supervisor certifications. I resigned to homeschool my children.
Positive self-imaging, strong values, self-reliance, critical thinking, and — a love of learning are among the best qualities we can instill in our children. I needed to give them educational experiences they deserved. I haven’t looked back and now I am sharing with you.
Students at Ubuntu meet and exceed Common Core State Standards. Students are taught from the heart learning everything from yoga and meditation to chess and financial literacy. Small classroom size ensures every child’s need is met and being an independent school, the sky is never the limit.
Could we be the right fit for your family? Let’s see! Leave a message if you would like to learn more about what can be in store for you. We’re proud of our school, and happy to share.
Get in Touch
Whether you are a local homeschool co-operative interested in partnering or a homeschooling parent in need of a little or even a lot of support, let’s get connected! I’m here for you. Services include:
- Full-time & Part-time Educational Programming
- Depending on your homeschooling needs, students can join me for Full-time or Part-time instructional programming. Tuition rates apply.
- FREE initial student assessment to pinpoint your child’s strengths and challenges. Private 1-on-1 targeted instruction to build confidence and deliver results. Discount packages available.
- Online Instruction
- Online classes available for students globally. For homeschooling families who wish to expand their student’s learning environment with African-centered education as well as join a village of bright, talented, and intellectual children. Find out how your young scholar can join our Future Leaders of Tomorrow Collective.
- Homeschool Coaching
- FREE 30 min. initial consultation to assist parents in identifying their needs and goals along their homeschooling journey. Continued service packages can include but are not limited to homeschool set-up and organization, curriculum selection, lesson planning, student assessment, and monthly support check-ins.
- Parent Support Group
- FREE help and support of various kinds to empower community members in their quest for an appropriate education for black children.
Send a Message
Kiya L.K. Green, M.Ed. Owner Ubuntu Village Homeschool Ubuntu Consulting Group LLC
Copyright Ubuntu Village - All rights reserved